Today, I wanted to share a little about my experience using Cleanyst in my home. Of course, I am only talking about our latest and greatest prototype, but it’s close enough to the final product to give me a real-world taste of the Cleanyst experience.
- Where Cleanyst lives. We have the appliance on a counter in our laundry room, which I believe is the ideal spot for it. In the same spot, we used to have one of those massive laundry detergent jugs, but not anymore! The reusable bottles are around the house in the usual locations: hand soap by the bathroom sink, dish soap by the kitchen sink, shampoo, conditioner and body wash in our showers, laundry detergent by the washing machine, and surface cleaners in a cabinet under our kitchen or bathroom sink.
- Frequency of Use. We mix with the appliance a couple of times a week since it makes either 12 oz. of a personal care product, or 16 oz. of a cleaning product. For my mess-prone family, these volumes will last from days to a week or even months depending on the product. We interact with most bottles every single day and mix up another batch with the appliance when we run out.
- Smaller footprint. We used to buy most of our cleaning and personal care products at a club store to get the best value. This meant either having huge bottles everywhere, including in the shower, or a stockpile of bottles wherever we could find the space. We now have a 2-3 month supply of all of our home and body care essentials stored in a small box in a cabinet in the laundry room. The space savings is enormous! The beautiful reusable bottles are also human-sized and take up much less space in the shower, etc.
- “What’s up with those bottles?!?” I’ve heard something like this from several visitors who have used the reusable bottles in our guest bathroom, or seen them by our kitchen sink. The impeller in the base of the bottle is distinctive, eye-catching and definitely a conversation starter. We are certainly proud to showcase them in our home!
- Kids Love It! I have two young sons, ages 4 and 6, and they are fascinated by the appliance and reusable bottles. Whenever it’s “mix time,” the whole family gathers around the appliance to watch the magic of the mixing, which is quite a fun and engaging show. The boys are also washing their hands like never before, presumably because they are eager to help mix up the next batch. Plus, Cleanyst is a great way to teach our kids about sustainability and foster positive behaviors like waste reduction and reuse.
- Peace of Mind. In the past, we felt guilty when we had to discard our gigantic plastic bottles in the recycle bin. Now, we reuse our bottles and this makes us feel a lot better and provides a much better experience. This is not to mention the peace of mind we enjoy from using plant-based products that are safe, effective and homemade.
- Pride in Making. Ever since using Cleanyst at home, we have a deeper and more meaningful connection to the cleaning and personal care products we use on a daily basis. Of course, I’m pretty biased, but the whole family feels proud of the fact that we are mixing the products ourselves. I think you will too!
Beginning to get the picture? I hope that you’re ready to soon pre-order your own starter kit and join me in living the Cleanyst life. Let’s mix it up!
Nick, Cleanyst CEO & Founder