This year marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, a movement that began in 1970 with a mission to “build the world’s largest environmental movement to drive transformative change for people and planet.”
That year, 20 million Americans took to the streets, parks, and auditoriums to demonstrate against the environmental degradation caused by decades of industrial development.
Since then, over 1 billion people across 190 countries have participated in Earth Day efforts.
DISTANCE, NOT SILENCE
Earth Day is bound to look a bit different this year as many people around the world adhere to Shelter in Place practices. However, Earth Day participants will still be able to unite their voices and take part in the movement online as Earth Day goes digital for the first time in its history.
Earth Day Live 2020 is an opportunity for everyone to flood the world with messages of hope, optimism and, above all — action.
LIVE EARTH DAY, EVERY DAY
On Earth Day we are reminded of our collective power to make a difference. This year we are perhaps more aware than ever of the impact our daily decisions can have on the world around us.
At Cleanyst, our hope is that more people will begin to integrate healthier and more sustainable practices in their daily lives in order to live like it’s Earth Day every day. Our system offers a holistic approach to body and home care that aims to help with this transition in three important ways:
1) Using safe and effective ingredients that are better for you and the planet
We’ve recently earned the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Certified Biobased Product Label for all of our body and home care concentrates in addition to the packaging they come in.
This is a very meaningful distinction because it highlights that our concentrates are:
- Better for You – Voluntarily validating our products and packaging through this program demonstrates our commitment to complete transparency and to delivering safe and effective natural products you can trust.
- Better for the Planet – Utilizing renewable, biobased materials displaces the need for non-renewable, petroleum-based chemicals. Biobased products, through petroleum displacement, have played an increasingly important role in reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that exacerbate global climate change.
2) Minimizing single-use plastic waste
By utilizing our system of reusable bottles and concentrates shipped in minimal, plant-based packaging, we are able to deliver an 80% reduction in single-use plastics for body and home care products compared to traditional plastic bottles.
3) Lowering Carbon Emissions from Transportation
Cleanyst only ships necessary ingredients and not water. Water is the main ingredient in most home and body care products, oftentimes making up 2/3 or more of their weight. We leverage concentrates and empower you to add the water at home, which lowers emissions from transportation and reduces the need for storage space in the home, especially if you’re stocking up.