Before founding Cleanyst, we spent most of our careers learning about packaging and ingredients for home and body care products in a supply business our father started in the 1980s. After having our own kids, we grew increasingly concerned about the plastic waste problem and we wanted to become part of the solution.
In 2015, we were inspired by reusable bottle systems for mixing surface cleaners by diluting low viscosity concentrates. Since the products you can produce this way are very limited, we set out to build a system that could blend virtually all concentrate types and fully unlock the power of mixing in reusable bottles.
Although sustainability is at the heart of our mission, we’re also dedicated to giving you amazing products that are safe, effective, and customizable. With our team of R&D scientists who come from brands like L’Oreal and Revlon, we bring you thoughtful, cutting-edge formulations and the very best in plant-based ingredients.
Our core team
(pictured from right to left):
- Nick Gunia – Co-Founder, Chief Reuse Officer
- Matthew Gunia – Co-Founder, Ingredients
- Mark Gunia – Co-Founder, Packaging & Operations
- Edgar Carseles – Senior R&D Scientist
- Michael Karavolos – Product Marketing Manager
- Monica Advani – Senior R&D Scientist
- Jerry Lozinski – Product Development Manager (not pictured)
We hope you will become part of our reuser community and join us in tackling environmental challenges that threaten our children’s future.